Cragganmore 12 Years Old Single Malt Whisky NRB 70cl Bottle
- Product Substitution: Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Highland Single Malt Whisky, Glenkinchie 12 Year Old Single Malt Whisky, Lagavulin 16 Year Old Malt Whisky, Oban 14 Year Old Single Malt Whisky, Talisker 10 Years Old Single Malt Whisky
- Tasting Notes: One of the most complex single malts with layers of sweet floral fragrances, wood smoke, riverside herbs, vanilla and cereals
- Awards: 2016 Gold Medal Winner: San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- Exclusive To Molson Coors: No
- Region of Origin: Scotland
- ABV: 40.00%
- Case Quantity: 6
- Price Guide: £££
- Pack Format: Non-Returnable Bottle
- Size: 70cl
- Food Match: Its floral notes are ideal with sweet rich tastes, including lobster and even roast suckling pig.
A small distillery in the largest and most famous whisky region of all in the Scottish Highlands, Cragganmore is derived from “Great Rock” in Gaelic. Cragganmore Distillery was founded in 1869 by John Smith, who is said to have been the most experienced distiller of his day. Before, he had been manager of Macallan, Glenlivet and leaseholder of Glenfarclas Distillery. One of the most famous and influential Scotch Whisky authors (the late Michael Jackson) described Cragganmore as having “the most complex aromas of any malt”. John Smith designed Cragganmore distillery around unique flat-topped stills to deliver complex flavours. It is a true designer malt. This single malt as awarded a Gold Medal at the Scotch Whisky Masters 2010, 2011. Each bottle has sweet floral notes with hints of wood smoke, riverside herbs, vanilla and cereals. Its floral notes are ideal with sweet rich tastes, including lobster and even roast suckling pig.