Oban 14 Year Old Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky 70cl Bottle
- Product Substitution: Cragganmore 12 Years Old Single Malt Whisky, Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Highland Single Malt Whisky, Glenkinchie 12 Year Old Single Malt Whisky, Lagavulin 16 Year Old Malt Whisky, Whisky, Talisker 10 Years Old Single Malt Whisky
- Tasting Notes: Superb combination of rich sweetness, smoky dryness and appetising spice.
- Awards: Gold - San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2016
- Exclusive To Molson Coors: No
- Region of Origin: Great Britain
- ABV: 43.00%
- Case Quantity: 6
- Price Guide: ££££ - Super Premium
- Pack Format: Non-Returnable Bottle
- Size: 70cl
- Food Match: Oysters and smoked salmon
Oban is one of Scotland's oldest and smallest distilleries. It was founded in 1794 and the West Highland port town of the same name has grown around the distillery. It is the one Single Malt Scotch Whisky in which the rich, complex flavours of the Highlands meet and mingle with the peaty, maritime character of the Islands. Balancing autumn fruits and sea air, Oban whisky owes its rich and rewarding Highland character to its very long fermentation process. The tiny lamp glass-shaped copper pot stills that make Oban's Scotch are among the smallest in Scotland, and the liquor they distil is slowly condensed in wooden worm tubs outside among the rooftops, exposed to the salted sea air, bringing a distinct depth of flavour said to go very well with salted caramel. Oban 14 Year Old is a superb combination of rich sweetness and smoky dryness with fruity notes of oranges, pears and dried figs, plus hints of sea-salt and peat smoke notes. It works well as an accompaniment to seafood like oysters or smoked salmon, giving them new depths of flavour. Serve neat or with a little cool spring water.